Problem with some Torrents

ekmdisney

Man, I hope some one out there will be able to help me...I\'m scratching my head on this one.

I down loaded the following torrents, with no problems:
Fan Guide to WDW in HD
Poohs Hunny Hunt TDL by Dolbyman
WDW Railroad 1989 - 1991 by Martin

Now shortly after they were downloaded I was able to play them a couple of time that night. Well tonight, I was burning them (a long with some others, no problems with the others) on to DVDs in data form. Just a way to store them until later. Now these three will not play...all I get is the audio...no video. It doesn\'t matter if the file is on the Data DVD or on my hard drive, I get the same thing. My Windows Media player, (that was playing them fine before) gives me a message that there was a error loading the codec...or something like that, it went by so fast. So it won\'t read the video. I have downloaded the Pooh ride as well as the Fan Guide again tonight, and I have the same problem, audio no video. It won\'t even play right after downloading like it did the first time I loaded them. (They were originally downloaded, before the name change of the site.) The train one is still loading...taking just as long as last time, so I am not sure about that one. But it is not looking good.

So what dose everyone think...is their a problem with the file? Or is windows just being a pain in the butt? :-/

I have no idea what the problem is. My best guess would be Windows playings tricks on you. Maybe your codec got corrupted......

Somtime I have the same problem, because Media Player does not close properly, leaving the process running (I have some audio codec that causes this). Check if you have wmplayer processes running even when the player is closed using the taskmanager.

Well, Dolby said to open his up in the DivX player...so I tried that and it worked. So I did it for the other two and it worked on those as well. So I changed those to open in that player. But it is still driving me crazy that I was able to open them up in windows one day, then the next not be able to.

But I will check out my taskmanager to see if anything looks weird there.

Back