Ripping to Flac with EAC.

eyore

Seeing as how Flac seems to be the most popular option these days, could anyone (Hi pixelated) tell me how to use EAC for it. Under the compression options I have a list of options but I'm not sure which (if any) are for flac. I can play flac on my PC so must have everything needed. Which do I set?
This is the list to choose from:

At the moment, I'm ripping to wav and then converting to flac using a different program which is a bit time consuming.
I usually rip to mp3 using Lame so still a novice with flac.
Thanks.

Attachments

• encoders.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 3
Here is how i rip CD Music

1. Clone CD using Slysoft Clone CD
2. Mount as Virtual Disc .ccd File made in Cloning Process (I use MagicDisc from MagicIso)
3. Use ISOBUSTER to rip the .wav directly from the disc.

Too much work  ;D
As I have EAC, I'd like to do it all in one go.  I do have several rippers but none seem to rip to flac - just wav or mp3. I'm attempting to avoid using several programs to do it. I know EAC can do it, just don't know how to set it up to do it  :-\

I would definitely use EAC to rip the CDs. The guide that pixelated posted was good, the only thing you should change is the compression level (in the guide it's -6 or -5), it should be -8 as it gives the best compression.

Anyway, if you get the newest version, it asks during the setup if you want to use FLAC to encode your audio, if that makes it easier for you.

Many thanks. I'd looked everywhere for the Flac installer and each time found a page that no longer existed! I'd forgotten it was a Sourceforge job.
That was a lot easier than I though. I changed the compression to -8 and the test file sounds great.
Comes up on Winamp as 1088kbps.
I know it was laziness on my part wanting to do everything in one go but I find it much easier than using two programs (I was using Ultra mp4 video converter to convert to flac - great program and not too expensive and converts most things to/from v1deo/audio with free lifetime upgrades). I don't actually do any work with the files other than straight conversions (ie no editing) apart from, say, splitting loops into single tracks for which I use a very ancient copy of CDwav (which was free back then but still works on Windows 7).  That's not needed for ripping an album, of course.
Again, thanks to you all for the help  ;)

Back