How to Indentify a Song

ChrisLyndon

I would really like to figure out what the name of the song is that was played by a Boy Scout band at the Court of Flags during the Tomorrowland opening ceremonies on the Dateline Disneyland TV broadcast. I have been on line listening to song samples on Itunes and Amazon, but nothing is sounding like the right song. Of course, all marching band songs start to sound the same after you listen to over a hundred of them, like I have.

I know there are programs out there that can identify songs if you play a clip of music. Question... does it have to be a clip from a studio recording that it can match up to the same recording, or can any programs identify songs based solely on the musical notes that it is hearing? I think the dateline Disneyland recording would need the later rather than the former in order for a program to work.

If anyone can recommend a program that may be able to identify this song, i would greatly appreciate it. Or if anyone just happens to know the name of the song, then that would be all the better.

And no, it is not the Boy Scout march by John P Sousa, already listened to that several times over, and it is definitely not the same song.

Thanks

The music has to match a recording on the database so live music doesn't generally get identified (unless it's very like the recording) - nor does stuff not on the database. They don't ID the music - only the specific recording of it (and even then it may be a bit hit and miss with less popular tunes or classical - I've had some very interesting results from the likes of Soundhound and Shazam  ;D )
There are sites that you can enter individual notes on a keyboard but they are more for folk and dance tunes.
I'd suggest posting a sound clip to ID the tune - preferably on youtube (people tend not to download from a link unless very dedicated - like us playlist compilers  ;) ).

Back