Vuze stopped working for some reason...........

Im not sure what it is, but I cant download anything anymore. I think about 2 weeks ago, the power went out and that may have done something to my router and everything. Or it could be my webroot antivirus software, I remember blocking something several times on it, and it could be whatever it is that I needed to be able to use the torrent software. Im not really all that technical, as I dont know very much about ports and all that other technical stuff. When I ran a network test it said something about NAT error and port forwarding etc. and I changed the ports on the TCP and UDP several times and nothing happened. I just dont know whats going on, I honestly think it has something to do with the webroot because I remember blocking access to some online thing and I think it has something to do with it. Its complicated, any insight will be appreciated.

What OS?
I think you are right and you have blocked access.
Check any firewalls you have and allow Azureus and your virus checker as well.
Check anything else that you have that may be blocking it (there's usually a list somewhere on your PC for allowed and blocked.)
If all else fails, try another client like uTorrent while you look for the problem (and you may be able to continue your downloads as well - just redownload the torrent and point it to where the half completed files are and it should resume (I have both those clients and it seems to work OK for me but be prepared that they will start all over again).
Post back with your OS.

Thanks, Im using my original Bittorrent client and its working again. And better I believe. I guess it was just something wrong with the vuze client, but Im still able to download so thank God for that. Either way, thanks for the help.

You're welcome. Vuze went funny on me a while back (after updating it) too and couldn't read the trackers (message this is a web site not a tracker). I gave up and reverted to uTorrent. No problems there  ;D

Back