uTorrent question

Since yesterday all the things I have kept up & seeding in my uTorrent box now have red arrows instead of green.  Does anyone know why this is?  Does it mean they are no longer seeding even tho each one still says it is?

Ok, the usual reason for this lies in your PC.
If uTorrent is opened and it can't find the files (say, on an external HDD which isn't connected - in my case) then it loses the link and it won't try again.
You'll need to start again and download them all again (from yourself if you still have the torrent files) - it'll go through checking % etc) and then start seeding. BIG pest this on uTorrent.
The other reasons can be that you moved the files or that files were removed from Mousebits (unlikely if they've all gone red).
have a look in the boxes at the bottom (general tab)
You'll probably see that it says the file doesn't exist or something.
You may have a long job ahead of you. Took me ages to sort it all out.
If you still have problems, let me know. There's a few other things to try that could cause it.  ;)
Also  try stopping the torrent and then starting it again and also updating the tracker.
I one works, please tell us.

i did the thing where i stopped them one at a time & went thru & clicked the download location (tho I already had done this after they downloaded originally).  I started at the bottom of my list of approx. 16 things & it worked on the first 8or 9 but then even after I did it, the arrow stayed red.  Am I only allowed to be seeding so many at once?  I've just kept everythign I've downloaded seeding to try to raise my ratio but maybe I shouldn't?

OK, when you click the General tab,  what info does it give re the tracker etc (not allowed, unable to connect, working etc.

eyore said:
OK, when you click the General tab,   what info does it give re the tracker etc (not allowed, unable to connect, working etc.

Sorry it's taken me a few to get back, been crazy busy : )

Under 'general tab' there is no tracker info that I see but there is a 'tracker' tab.  If I look on it the info DHT, local Peer Discover, Peer Exchange all say Not Allowed.

BigThunder said:
Under 'general tab' there is no tracker info that I see but there is a 'tracker' tab.  If I look on it the info DHT, local Peer Discover, Peer Exchange all say Not Allowed.

This is normal, it means that it is a private torrent.
What does the mousebits URL say? (http://mousebits.com:2710/<your PID>/announce)

Wcool

Yes, it's the tracker tab you need.
If Mousebits  isn't there, you have a problem.  :eek:
As wcool says, the ONLY one that should say "working" is the Mousebits tracker.
all the others should say "not allowed" (as it's a private torrent, you have to be a member of mousebits to download it - other trackers can't get in here).
If your downloads are showing as seeding (ie you find peers under the peers tab) then it's working and may just mean network problems or similar.
How's the network symbol looking (middle of the very bottom bar) - should be a green tick.
Is it or is it yellow?
Don't worry, we'll find out what's happening eventually.  ;)
Keep at it.

I had the same thing happened to me about a month ago. I tried stopping all of my torrents and restarting them and it didn't work. I shut my computer down an restarted it the next day and everything worked fine. Don't know what happened or why. Hasn't happened since.  ???

First of all, thanks to everyone for having so much patients with me  :)

Ok, under 'trackers' it does show mousebits & under status it says 'an attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by it's access permissions'.  Now I have not a clue what that means.

Earlier today I had a few green arrows, mostly red (keeping in mind I still have everything I've DL'd up & seeding since I joined this site so we're talking 16 items).  I then grabbed that new Welcome to the World show which has a lot of people seeding it & had been building up my ratio.  I just came back after being away for a few hours & all the arrows are now red again including the Welcome to the World one.  BUT, it appears it's still being seeded & still building my ratio as it's gone up from 4.0 GB to 4.14 GB in the past few minutes.  There are still peers listed in the peer tab as well.

In the bottom middle is a small green circle with a check mark in it  :)

I'm still up for any & all suggestions.  I tried going to utorrent help (which was a bit difficult in itself) but didn't find much useful info.

Mikebrakes, I tried the other day restarting my computer & it didn't help.  I had hoped that would be the magic fix & it seems restarting my computer can often be the cure-all for any issues I'm having, lol. ;D

Just had to add this.  Went back to utorrent after sending that last reply & suddenly I have like 6 arrows green again!  I went into trackers on one of those & beside the mousebit name it says 'working'.  So I guess it's red due to whatever problem it is I listed beside the other ones in the last post.  Ugh!

Ok folks I think I may have fixed it but I'm not sure how this would have.  It had been asking me if I wanted to download the newest version of uTorrent & I'd been saying no. Thought I'd give it a whirl and see if it fixed anything & since I did that the arrows have stayed green!!  So next time this problem comes up with someone I think we should recommend downloading updates  ;)  Am keeping fingers crossed this has fixed it.

I have a question...  under the General "tab", in the section titled Windows Integration there is a button with "Install IPv6/Teredo" on it.  Does anyone know what this is?  Has anyone installed it?

Try a Google for ipv6  ;D
It's a bit too complicated to describe in detail here but my PC doesn't like it so I deleted it.
here's a link to the wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6
If it's not causing problems, I'd leave it alone by the way. My PC is just too old for it and it causes crashes.

Back